Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Prayer Letter 2




What will you be doing?

You may have heard that I'm going to Belgium for two years, but you might still be wondering what I will be
doing there. The program, that I will be going into is called IMPACT Belgium which stands for Incarnational
Ministry, Practical Application, and Christ-Centered Training. Incarnational Ministry is immersion into the culture
and community & engage people in normal culturally relevant ways. The key to this ministry is making
relationships a priority. For Practical Application, I will be linked with a church while in Belgium, where I will help
them in their ministry and outreach. The Christ-Centered Training is the teaching I'll receive to be more effective
in ministry by learning Biblical Foundations, Cross-cultural Communication, Evangelism, Church Planting and
Growth, Leadership Development and Your SHAPE (a program to help put individual gifts and talents to work for
the Kingdom).

Before Belgium





I'm not just sitting on my hands till I leave in January.
This year I had the privilege of being part of the
Toronto Challenge team. The outreach was July 4-18. I
was only there for week 1, but during that time we
had some training on many topics, including Islam,
JW’s and Sikhism. We did some prayer walking and we
went door to door where we met some really good
contacts. Morningstar Christian Fellowship, a local
church, will do the follow up from the contacts we
made. Toronto is such a diverse City and needs lots of
prayer. On Wed Jul 8 th I had the privilege to going
downtown to Oasis where there is a church plant
called Rendezvous, where we did some prayer walking
and prayer mapping in that area to see what the area
is like and pray for that area.


Truth Trek



July was a busy month; after I got home from Toronto
Challenge, it was almost time for Truth Trek, a
Vacation Bible School program at Port Colborne
Baptist Church.

We partnered with Faith Mission (if you have never
heard of faith mission go to their website
www.faithmissioncanada.org). The theme was
digging for God’s treasure by going through the 10
commandments. By the end of the week most of our
20 students knew all 10 of the Commandments,
which was really encouraging. Port Baptist is planning
on doing one again next year Please pray as they
start the planning that they will have the leadership
that will work on this. Also pray for Pastor Gord and
the leadership team as they follow through with the
students that where here for VBS this year, especially
that there would be good relationships with the
unchurched families.




Visa


After many phone calls I have managed to finish the paperwork for my visa and have sent it into the Consulate
general of Belgium in Montreal. Apparently, the Toronto Consulate does not deal with visa requests. I was very glad to
see that I do not have to go in person. As of July 30th the application has been mailed, and I am now waiting on what
they may say. Please pray that they will grant me a visa, so that I may go to Belgium in January.

Being part of the ministry

So you may be thinking by now, “This all sounds great and I am
glad to hear of what you are doing, but where is my opportunity to make
a difference?” In order to embark on my journey in January, I need to raise a
support team here at home. I need partners who will be faithful to
provide both prayer and financial support as I prepare for this two-year
trip. One of my major prayer requests at this point is financial support.

The OM Belgium field requires me to raise $1250 per month; that will cover my living
expenses, cost of food, and enrollment in the university classes that will be a major
part of my ministry. In these hard financial times, that seems like a lot of money; but
if only 50 people pledge $25 per month, my entire support would be raised.

Since it would be quite a long swim over to Germany for the required training
conference, I also have to raise enough money to cover conference costs and airfare,
which will be about $2400.

I am trusting the Lord for this all to be in the office by the deadline in the beginning of
November, along with my first two months' support. The total I need by November in
order to leave is $4900. This seems like an overwhelming sum of money; but I am
trusting that if it is the Lord's will for me to go, He will provide. As you pray for my
future ministry, please ask the Lord about your role, whether in prayer,
encouragement, or financial support.

God Bless,

Joanne

Joanne Ynema

Prayer
Requests

. Visa

. Support
Also if you have
anything that you
would like me to
pray about please
let me know!

www.omcanada.orgwww.om.org
Support Address:
OM Canada
84 West St
Port Colborne, ON
L3K 4C8
1-877-487-7777
or 905-835-2546
Joanne's Canadian Address
228 Cutress Ave
Welland ON
L3C 2S8
905-714-9228
joanneynema@yahoo.ca


This is a partnership, as you help me to tell Belgians about Jesus.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me and ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment